Stephen K. Sawyier
- Graduated magna cum laude from Harvard College in 1972; received a MA in Far Eastern Languages from Harvard University in 1974 and his JD (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar) from Columbia Law School in 1977.
- Admitted in New York and Illinois.
- Principal, The Law Office of Stephen K. Sawyier. Previously, a partner at Holland & Knight, LLP (2006-2008) and at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe (1994-2006) and prior to that was a founding senior partner at Sawyier Granquist & Horton (and predecessor firms).
- Has over 30 years experience representing issuers, lenders and other parties in a wide variety of debt and financing transactions, including numerous forms of commercial paper and other bank-issued financings, as well as representing purchasers in private acquisitions and investments (straight equity, convertible debt, debt/equity mixtures) in controlling and non-controlling interests in various target entities, including several involving initial minority positions followed by a put and call period to result in eventual control.
- Has also represented issuers (primarily high tech entities) and investors in capital formation, joint ventures and commercial matters.
- Foreign languages: Japanese and French